Monday, April 4, 2016

MY INSIDES .....TWISTING AND SHOUTING

While going through the many links I  read through much MORE  than my mind could handle , I needed a break I needed human company ..but at this unearthly  hour ? Who would i find to connect  with ,and where .
After aimlessly browsing through sites and finding no human to connect with I WAS ABOUT TO SWITCH OFF MY TECHNO WORLD , when i saw the white birdie glow with a little red notification .... And yes ! there it was the sign  I was waiting for , the human link i so desperately was seeking .  I checked the " While you were Away " I checked the "New Tweets ". and yes  it was there ...the # chat that would give me a  new lease of life .
It was an education network group  and what I learnt from there were few things about myself :
 My opinions counted , they weren't as irrelevant as I always thought they would be , they were heard and read and retweeted and favourited .Oh what a blissful world ....I  had got accepted and I  was being followed.


and now my tweets are 840 and i believe in my opinions I feel instantly gratified when I am "followed and liked".this is the case with most youngsters seeking their existence and meaning of the same in the  virtual world today . IS THIS WHAT WE WANT OUR CHILDREN TO INHERIT FROM US ??? Not disregarding the importance of the virtual world and its magic like connections and networking , but why are we becoming victims of the powers of the Digital onslaught .One part of me  the parent creams and shouts and rebels against this exposure , but the 'rational  teacher side' of me encourages the usage of technology , integrating it into our lessons , coming out with novel and innovative ideas of digitalizing learning .ill keep coming back to this endless debate and ill make my insides respond maybe a pitless hole this one but i intent getting to the bottom of this and prove a point ..... wonder what that is ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment