Sunday, October 29, 2017

How do I let go.... struggle of a mother

How is the world from up there ? I'll ask you my dear once you take your wings and fly off ...fly off to unknown skies , fly off to unknown zones and reach unknown destinations.For now be content in my fold , 'happy to be with mamma' as I hold you to my heart ,close to me my dearest ...

Why are you in a hurry to grow so soon,fly off from the nest ..when did you learn to see the world so differently , when did you grow beyond my lap ? I wonder ?

Mothers universally are a hyper breed not willing to relinquish the hold ..yet fly the fledglings must and we feel a part of us fly off with them .Our dreams must never clash with theirs , they must have the freedom to choose not only their sky but also their strategy to manoeuvre those skies.The more we hold them down the more rebellious will be there flight and then there is a threat of us loosing sight and connect.

As a Teacher to teenage children past 25 years , I have come to conclude that parenting contrary to belief cannot be a bit and try ..it has to be evolving and adaptive,supportive and guiding.we must realise our journey is set we have chosen our path , moving ahead we need to let our children charter their course and dwell in the future they plan to create.For most parents letting go becomes the most impossible thing to do.Relax Mom ...I'll take you with me whispers my daughter gently in my ears as she reads my thoughts...

"You are my inspiration Mumma and I can never fly with out you" says my imp of 13 years ...So for now I rest assured...but just For now ... !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment